Friday, June 29, 2007

Vision of God Revival

Hello Dear Folks :)

Wow, it's been 21 days since my first post! I'll try to do better about writing, oh, and it has been busy around here ;-)

We had a great time with the Kokenzie and Tyler Families as well as the Crown College Quartet. Yes, I did get everything arranged and sorted out in time for the families to settle in for the week. (about 30 minutes before they arrived...hehe). I'm thankful the Lord helped me keep my mind on track to complete all the different tasks I had to do to get ready.

Saturday the 9th was Shaun's ordination service at the church. We were very happy to see our friends and family that could make it at this time and thankful for all of the encouragement they gave, whether it was by praying for Shaun and myself, helping with the fellowship following the ordination, or simply coming to the service. Our hearts were lifted and touched.

Much good food at the fellowship :)

Sunday 10th began the 'vision of God' revival services. John kokenzie and Jeremy Tyler took turns preaching alternate services. Jeremy led the singing. I enjoyed how everybody joined in the singing :)

During the days the guys went out on door-to-door visitation and us girls got acquainted with each other and the children. For having 12 people in the house, everything worked out VERY smoothly :) Hey, Amanda even showed me how to use the timer on my bread machine!! Something so simple, well, it would have been if I had taken the time to find out how it works, but I never got 'round to it. Now I know!

Monday evening the Crown College Quartet arrived and prepared themselves to sing for the church even though they had just learned that a fellow college mate/friend, was taken home to be with the Lord that same day. These young men conducted themselves very honorably and each gave a clear testimony. Oh, it was good to hear them sing. I have often wanted to pick the members of our church up and place them at Temple Baptist Church so they might hear many things, but singing to the Lord most especially. I know that the Quartet's singing has encouraged the members of our church. Several have asked for their Cd. *hint...* ;-) hehe

..... There is more, but I shall have to leave it for another posting...

ttfn,

Suzanne.

2 comments:

Joy said...

It sounds so wonderful! And isn't it good to see old friends from TBC? :) I'm so glad all went well...and that you're back on the blog! :)

Joy said...

I just tagged you for a personal policies meme.
http://jboyerfam.blogspot.com/2007/06/personal-policies-meme.html