Thursday, December 6, 2007

Mmmm... Those Christmas Aromas!


Our tree has been up for a good week now. Yes, it's one of those wal-mart imtreeonators! (Ha, I just made up a word!! )

Well, it looks pretty there decorating that one corner of the room. I like the colored lights, and I also put white lights in it. Maybe oneday in the not too distant future we'll be able to reinstitute a family tradition for going for a picnic to pick out our real Chritsmas tree.
I also like to collect special ornaments that mean something to us, and at least one ornament that has the year on it. I found one at Hallmark that's a little photoframe with the date, but I didn't buy it as my creative brain is thinking..."I could do something like that with a little Fimo!"

Today was the day to get some of H's pent up energy burnt off. I took her to the Mc'D's playground. There were a couple ladies there with some young children but all at least a year or two older than H. She watched them go up and tried herself to pull up on the platform. I took my shoes off and decided to take her all the way up and down the slide one time!! It was fun going down the slide, and it gets a little warm in there. We had fun.



I have Christmas candles burning and today we made some banana and pecan squares and some Christmas mince pies. The apartment smells good!

Here's a photo looking out from our apartment at the snow last week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have GOT to get my tree up this weekend! :) Thanks for the little reminder!

wilkersonhome said...

Glad you got your tree up to inspire the rest of us busy bloggers! Make sure to post a picture of your created "year" ornament. :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, I just read on JOY's blog that you are expecting...I think we need to hear an update!!! :)))

mamabeck said...

LOVELY photos!
b

PS: So will S!