Even though it has been raining ALLLLLL day, we have had a fun day :-)
This morning we got everyone fed and dressed and then went to the antique store in town. Yesterday we had spotted a small chair with a caned seat. I have been learning how to cane chairs and this will be my 'flying solo' project :) I will need to sand down and finish the wood before I do the caning, but I think it will be a neat little project :-)
Just before lunch some friends come over to help Hannah and I make caramel and candy apples. I have never done this before (I like to try new things ;-)) Everything turned out great and Hannah was happy to sit there munching on a caramel apple.
These apples are for our Fall Festival at church tomorrow. We begin at noon with hamburgers and hot dogs. We will be doing apple bobbing, a sack race, cake walk (kindof like musical chairs), egg and spoon race and Receit a Bible verse to guess-how-much-candy-is-in-the-jar. If it doesn't rain we will also have a hay ride :)
Here's a recent photo of my sweet little man Nate. At last weigh in a week ago he was 13 lbs 4 oz :-)
Also, DH has been hunting this week and shot a 9-point buck which is now neatly processed and packaged in our freezer. What a blessing it is to be able to hunt and fish and when we get our vegetable garden next summer, to grow our own veggies :) We may even keep some chickens. Any of you out there keep chickens?
I'd also like to learn how to keep bees, but I think that will require a little more attention time than what I'm able to give at the moment.
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:
He is so cute! They are so fun--a lot of work, too--but so much fun!
It sounds like you're doing great! My Dad has bees, and yes they require a lot of attention, and money. But I guess if you get good at it, the rewards are great! This is just his first year. Jamin really wants some. :)
Post a Comment