Shiver me timbers!! LOL
I have always avoided anything with button holes before with my preconceived ideas that they are terribly hard to do!
Was I wrong! I decided it was about time to learn. With my faithful singer machine, we tried out the button hole foot on a scrap piece of fabric.
Wha.. hayyy!!!!! (I was saying to myself) There's a buttonhole and my heart-shaped button actually fits through it :)
As you can probably tell, it's the little things in life that aren't noticed much that get me excited. :) The dress pattern is called NewLook 6576.
Anyways, back to the dress-making. Here are the photos...
Completed pink dragon-fly dress.
Dungaree Dress

Orange Dress
Blue Bug Dress
Well, I have some more material packed away that I'm going to pull out and use up...might even do some of what Beck's doing and have a bit of a sort through and chuck out :-)
Have a great day!
S.

7 comments:
What darling dresses! I'm sure Hannah is going to like her wardrobe additions.
Precious!
And I've got a box coming...don't get to sewin' TOO much! ;)
:D
beck
Those are adorable! I wish I had that talent!
How pretty! I love to sew. You're making me want to get at it again. I like the little one with the overalls on the top. I knew a lady who would take a plain t-shirt and gather some fabric and sew a skirt onto it. Also, you could do that with overalls. I love crafty people!
Do you remember us from Temple? I came across your blog through everyone else's. I'm enjoying seeing your sewing projects--my 7yr. old Grace and I are going to sew in a little while. :) Dh is pastoring in Kansas now. Hope all is going well with your church there. We have a blog if you're interested --just need your email address put on invitation list.
Have a great day! Jeri Lynn (wilkersonhome@yahoo.com)
Looks like you've been busy!! :o)
Thank you Beck,I hope everything's going well with your sort through... what's the poundage now? ;-)
Joy.... now's the time to be sewing up the storm!! After the baby gets here those first few weeks/months, you won't want to sew only sleep in your spare moments!! ;-)
S
Post a Comment